Peach Pomegranate & Rose Agua Fresca

In this scorching summer heat, there's only one thing which keeps me going through the day and that is fresh homemade chilled drinks such as juices, mocktails and lassis (buttermilk). Well I agree that there's a considerable effort that goes in making everything fresh at home but then its worth all the hard work because at the end of the day you are not taking in something which is full of sugar, artificial colors and harmful preservatives. And yes! my family loves my fruity concoctions so I am even more motivated to treat them with something new and refreshing every other day.

Last few days, I had mangoes pouring in my refrigerator. Like literally, whenever my husband or father-in-law went to the fruit market, they returned home with kilos of mangoes. If you have been following my blog you would remember how I put them to use - by making lassis, kulfis and popsicles. In a quest to experiment with a fruit other than mangoes, this time I requested them to also get about a kilo of peaches from the market; the very first thought that came to my mind was to make the classic Peach Iced Tea but then somehow changed my mind and came up with this much refreshing and energizing Peach Pomegranate & Rose Agua Fresca.

I had once tried the Cantaloupe Agua Fresca at a popular Mexican restaurant in Singapore and ever since then, had an urge to try out one myself at home. And because an agua fresca can be made with any single fruit or fruit combination, I opted for the peach and pomegranate combo; a slight hint of rose syrup simply elevated its flavor a notch higher and lend this drink an aromatic touch. Trust me, it is one of the best fruit drinks I have ever had and if you too have some peaches lying in your refrigerator, do give it a try and I promise you would also fall in love with this amazing thirst quencher instantly.

Peach Pomegranate & Rose Agua Fresca


Ingredients (yields 4 glasses)

  • Ripe Peaches (peeled, pitted and cubed) - 2 cups
  • Pomegranate seeds - 1/2 cup
  • Rose syrup - 1 to 2 tbsp (as per your preference)
  • Sugar - 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
  • Water - 2 cups + 1/2 cup for sugar syrup
  • Honey - 2 tbsp
  • Mint leaves - few for garnish
  • Lemon wedges - few for garnish


Peach Pomegranate & Rose Agua Fresca


Other Popular Drinks from the Blog



Peach Pomegranate & Rose Agua Fresca


Method

  1. In a saucepan, heat sugar and 1/2 cup of water until sugar dissolves. Let the syrup cook for another 5 minutes then switch the flame OFF and let the sugar syrup come to room temperature.
  2. In a blender or mixi jar, blend cubed peaches and pomegranate seeds along with water to fine puree.
  3. Sieve this puree through a fine mesh. Add in sugar syrup, rose syrup and honey. Mix in nicely. Chill for an hour or two.
  4. Add some ice cubes in serving glasses, pour in the peach agua fresca and serve garnished with lemon wedges and few mint leaves. 


Peach Pomegranate & Rose Agua Fresca



Pin here for later




If you happen to make this recipe, kindly leave me a comment or a feedback. You can also share your recipe pics with me on Facebook; I would love to see your creations!!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Homemade South Indian Sambar Recipe

Farali Dhokla - Navratri Special [No Eno Fruit Salt] | Vrat ka Dhokla | Barnyard Millet Savory Steamed Cake

Almond Toffee Rolls | Caramel Badam Rolls | Butterscotch Almond Rolls | Diwali Sweet Recipe

Farali Dahi ke Kebab | Vrat ke Dahi Kebab | Navratri Recipes

Burani Raita Recipe | Spiced, Garlic Flavored Yogurt

Instant Moong Dal Idli Recipe | How to Make Instant Moong Dal Idli

Punjabi Kathal ki Sabzi | North Indian Dry Unripe Jackfruit Curry