Potato Cheese Pops !

Well! I was thinking to make the falahari Malai Koftas for Sunday special lunch, but, as I entered into the kitchen I realized. I only had a small amount of paneer (cottage cheese) in my fridge, obviously not enough to make what I intended to. A quest to make something with paneer (as its my husband's favorite), I came up with these baby potato cheese pops. Though I thought of making a creamy and nutty gravy later to dip these pops into it (as a substitute for malai kofta) and enjoy with crisp kuttu pooris, it never happened because we both (me and my husband) gobbled it up as is. And trust me, they tasted truly divine and yummilicious. For the recipe, browse through the page below.





Ingredients

12-15 baby potatoes
2-3 green chilies
10-15 curry leaves
100 grams paneer/cottage cheese
8-10 raisins
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp chopped coriander
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
Oil for frying

Method

1. First scoop out the potatoes so that they have a cavity inside for the filling.
2. Next, in a wok heat around 2 tsp of oil and add in cumin seeds.
3. Once the cumin seeds change colour, add in raisins, green chillies, curry leaves and chopped coriander.
4. Next add in the crumble paneer (cottage cheese) and saute well.
5. Season the paneer with salt, black pepper, roasted cumin powder, sugar and lemon juice.
6. Keep it aside to cool down.
7. Now, take some oil for frying and drop in the scooped out potatoes. Fry them until they turn crisp.
8. Take out the potatoes on an absorbent kitchen towel and let them rest for 5 minutes to cool down.
9. Now, fill each potato with the paneer stuffing and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Homemade South Indian Sambar Recipe

Farali Dhokla - Navratri Special [No Eno Fruit Salt] | Vrat ka Dhokla | Barnyard Millet Savory Steamed Cake

Almond Toffee Rolls | Caramel Badam Rolls | Butterscotch Almond Rolls | Diwali Sweet Recipe

Farali Dahi ke Kebab | Vrat ke Dahi Kebab | Navratri Recipes

Instant Moong Dal Idli Recipe | How to Make Instant Moong Dal Idli

Burani Raita Recipe | Spiced, Garlic Flavored Yogurt

Gujarati Sweet Sata | Thor [BAKED VERSION]